About Arts Classes
Maryland Hall offers the most comprehensive selection of arts enrichment classes in the region. From toddlers and teens to adults and seniors, classes provide enrichment and education for people in our community interested in exploring the arts. Classes are designed to cultivate artistic skills and to inspire, encourage and nurture an appreciation for the arts.
Classes are offered year-round during three semesters: Fall (September-December); Winter/Spring (January-early June); and Summer (June-August).
Maryland Hall keeps waitlists for classes that are full. If a class you are interested in is full, please contact Leslie Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist. You will be contacted should space become available.
RELEASE: When you register (or register your child) for a Maryland Hall class, you release Maryland Hall from any liability, claims, judgments or demands arising as a result of any course of instruction or supervision at MHCA. By registering for a class, students and parents are giving consent for their images or children's images to be used in publicity material. If you choose to not have your image (or your child's image) used, please contact the Education Department at 410-263-5544, ext. 20.
Maryland Hall is closed on the following days during 2016:
Monday July 4, 2016
|Monday September 5, 2016|
Wednesday October 12, 2016
Wednesday November 23 through Sunday November 27, 2016
Thursday December 22, 2016 through Monday January 2, 2017
What if my class is canceled?
Classes may be canceled if sufficient enrollment is not reached by the start of the class. You will receive a full refund including the tuition, membership and any additional fees. To help ensure that your class will not be canceled, please register early. Maryland Hall does not pro-rate classes.
What if I wish to withdraw from a class?
Membership, registration and material fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees are fully refunded for canceled classes. If you wish to withdraw from a class, there is a $5 service charge and you must contact the education department prior to the start date of your class for a 100% refund of tuition.
- 100% refund for notification received at least 5 working days prior to the start of the class
- 80% refund prior to the second class meeting
- 50% refund prior to the third class meeting
- No refunds will be granted after the class has met three times.
NOTE: There is a $5 service charge for all refunds except refunds for canceled classes. Maryland Hall reserves the right to charge $35 for all checks that are returned due to insufficient funds. Refunds may take up to two weeks to process.
Pick up & drop off procedure for children under 12.
Parents/caregivers of children under the age of 12 are required to escort their children to and from class and sign them in and out. Special pickup arrangements must be communicated to the teacher prior to the class.
Inclement Weather Policy: Maryland Hall Classes
Maryland Hall posts closure information due to weather on the front of our web site. Closures or schedule adjustments due to weather are posted to the site as soon as decisions are made.
Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts follows the AACPS inclement weather policy for all classes held before noon, Monday through Friday.
- If AACPS are closed all day (code red or code blue), MHCA will NOT have classes.
- If AACPS are open one or two hours late, classes held before noon at MHCA are canceled.
- If AACPS dismiss early, MHCA will determine whether or not MHCA afternoon and evening classes will take place.
- If AACPS cancels after-school activities, please check the MHCA website as MHCA will determine whether or not MHCA afternoon and evening classes will take place.
- For status of Saturday/Sunday classes, please check the MHCA web site.
Student Behavior Policy
To ensure a pleasant artistic experience for all of our students, we ask that they uphold the following Student Behavior Policy
- Students are expected to come prepared for and to participate in class.
- Students are expected to treat the faculty, building and fellow students with respect.
- Students are not allowed to possess or consume alcohol or controlled substances in or around the building.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the building.
- Students who are consistently disruptive during class time may be asked not to return by the instructor.